This voucher is for a Glass Fusing Taster Class.
These make great gifts for friends and family who are interesting in learning a new skill. They are fabulous for any occasion, such as birthdays, christmas and valentines day!
Glass fusing is the art of melting glass using a kiln. We will be exploring this, learning how to fuse pieces of glass, frit and enamel powder on to a piece of base glass to create a glossy glass surface. You do not need any experience to book a place on the workshop and will be experimenting with simple techniques to create a small picture or piece of jewellery. You will learn the basics of fusing, in a step by step manner.
In the workshop we will cover the following aspects:
Health and safety of fused glass.
Practice cutting glass to use in your piece.
Applying pieces of glass onto the base piece of glass.
Applying different types of frit/enamel/shards of glass (Transparent and Opaque).
Use of decorative media (millefiori, frit, copper wire, glass threads).
Surface design using techniques such as stencils, sgruffito, sifting etc.
You will create a small fused glass picture or piece of jewellery that you are able to take home on the following day, after your piece has fused in the kiln.
What is included?
- Clear sheet glass as a base, and additional glass in a variety of colours to use in the workshop.
- Use of all tools and equipment e.g. glass cutters, kiln, enamel powders in a range of colours, decorative media etc.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits to keep us going! Maybe even cake if you are lucky...
- Tuition on Glass Fusing with Melissa Keskinkilinc.
- Information about retailers for equipment and supplies if you would like to continue to explore glass fusing after the workshop!
Please get in touch with me to book the class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org